Family /Spousal Visa:- The Family/Spouse visa Canada is one of the ways in which the Canadian government allows Canada PR visa holders and citizens to sponsor their spouse or a common-law partner who is currently residing outside of Canada to apply to live in Canada.

The family visas allows citizens and permanent residents of Canada, who are above the age of majority, i.e.  18 years to sponsor dependent family members which include, spouse, children, parents, grandparents, and common-law partners.

Canada Spouse Visa Requirements:

  • Provide a marriage certificate from the province or territory where you got married if you were married in Canada.
  • Provide proof of a valid marriage if you were married outside of Canada; the marriage must be legally valid in the place you were married as well as under Canadian law.
  • Provide proof of a valid marriage if you were married in an embassy or consulate; the marriage must be legal according to the country where the embassy or consulate is located.
  • Demonstrate that you will live in Canada once your spouse or common-law or conjugal partner becomes a permanent resident (In the case the sponsor does reside in Canada when applying for the visa).
  • Sign an agreement that confirms that the sponsor and the person being sponsored understand their mutual obligations and responsibilities. Both the sponsor and the person being sponsored need to sign this agreement.
  • Sign an undertaking promising to provide for the basic needs of their spouse or common-law partner; the sponsor is required to sign this agreement.
  • Demonstrate the genuine nature of your relationship with your spouse or common-law or conjugal partner. It is essential to demonstrate that your relationship with your partner is genuine and they are immigrating to Canada because of you and not just because of their desire to live and work in the country. Proof of a genuine relationship can be demonstrated by:
  • A marriage certificate
  • Frequent communication, such as letters, emails and phone calls
  • Photos of you and your partner together
  • Joint agreements, such as a lease agreement and/or bank accounts

Comments are closed.